New Student Central
Member Web Portal
All new students should receive access to our Member Web Portal. You should receive an e-mail notification with your login information, including a randomly generated temporary password. Please change your password immediately! Our online member portal allows you to:
- Pay your bill online
- Update your student information
- View for yourself the start and end dates of your membership
- View your last belt test dates
- Register for special events
- And much more!
How to tie your belt
The single question we get asked the most is how to tie your belt. We've got a great instructional video that will help you. Parents: please have your child come to class with his belt already tied!
Belt Progression & Requirements
See our Upcoming Schedule for a list of all upcoming activities at Spirit Made Steel Martial Arts, including upcoming belt promotions and special events.
Because we don't have enough classes to offer makeup sessions when we close, we try to stay open as much as we possibly can. However, sometimes weather forces us to close for your safety. We also close for a small handful of holidays every year. If a student misses two or more consecutive classes due to the dojo closing, that student will receive a membership extension to cover the missed classes. We do not offer membership extensions if our closures only cause students to miss one class.
Spirit Made Steel will close for weather if the Madison City Schools close for weather. Otherwise we will continue as normal. In summer months when school is out, we will use our best judgement regarding student safety to determine when it is appropriate to close for weather.
Official Spirit Made Steel Holidays
We close for the following official holidays. Unless otherwise noted, memberships are not extended.
- Spring Break
- Youth classes only! All adult classes continue as normal
- We use the Madison City School System's spring break.
- Labor Day
- Independence Day
- Memorial Day
- Thanksgiving: From Wednesday through Sunday
- Christmas & New Year's Day
- The exact closure for Christmas and New Year's Day varies from year to year depending on how the holidays fall. Typically we close for a week and a half to two weeks.